Wednesday 16 May 2018

PET SYMPATHY


There is little more heart-wrenching than losing a furry loved one.  We lost 2 in the space of a few months, a few years ago, and I wasn't sure I was going to ever fully recover from the loss.  I don't think I have.

This week I was asked to make a sympathy card for someone going through this pain right now.  I feel that sympathy cards serve one purpose only - as the means of carrying our message of love, support and sorrow, and therefore, they shouldn't draw any attention to themselves.  While we may feel joy at the reaction of someone opening a beautiful hand made birthday card, there is no joy surrounding a loss.  So... when these awful cards need to be sent out, I like to keep them as plain and simple as possible.  

I used two embossing folders to create the base, a Spellbinders die for the sentiment tag, and a Poppy Crafts die for the heart.  I typed up the sentiment and used a KaiserCraft paw print stamp.  I've added a bunch of teeny roses.

I'm going to enter this card into the following challenges:

Creative Inspirations May Challenge: Clean & Simple

Thanks for popping by for a look.

Linda

4 comments:

  1. Linda this is perfect for someone so bereaved. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Always Fun Challenges, Jackie DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely stylish card. Thanks for sharing it with us at Crafty Cardmakers and good luck with the challenge, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful. I hope it brings comfort to those who are feeling the loss of a pet.
    Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Creative Inspirations. Good luck,
    Rene

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful embossing!

    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving your comment! Pop back any time!